When your body is ready to deliver a baby and goes into labor, you will need certain things to take to the hospital, these will be hospital bag must-haves postpartum essentials!
My advice would be to create a list of what you like most, things you have to have with you at all times.
For example, for me, these things were chapstick because my lips are always dry, obviously, a phone charger, comfortable stretchy underwear ( a massive belly really makes you rethink comfort), fuzzy socks and a button-down nightgown because I wanted to be able to breastfeed without any fuss.
Now, in my case, the hospital provided most things I used. I was there for three days and of everything I packed I only used a couple of things. I brought pads because I didn’t know they would have them for me.
For those of you who like tampons: “do not even think about it. You will not be putting anything up there for a while.”
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
So here’s the list of things I was provided by the hospital:
for me& my baby
- Mesh Panties, some moms swear they were the most comfortable. ( I did not use them)
- Blankets & Extra Sheets
- Peri Bottle, this is the best thing I was introduced to. I used it every single time I went to the toilet. ( I took it home with me)
- TUCKS, they are these little round hemorrhoid pads that are a game changer. No need to make ‘padsicles’ or even ice packs. This did it all for me and if you ask your nurses they will send you home with a new box.
- Water Jug, I was given a cup with a straw and I had it refilled constantly. I was soo thirsty, which was caused by breastfeeding and labor.
- Long Sleeved Baby Shirts ( easier than onesies for diaper changes )
- Baby Bodywash
- Baby Lotion
And here’s the list of things I actually used, that I brought from home:
For Me :
- Nursing Bra
- T-shirt and Sweats
- Phone Charger
- Going Home Outfit
- Car Seat
- 3 Bodysuit Onesies
- 1 Going Home Outfit
- Swaddle Blankets
- Boppy Pillow
If you’re not sure what your Hospital or Birthing Center provides be sure to call and ask. The last thing you want to do is carry a bunch of things you don’t need.
Thanks so much for reading! If you found this content helpful, please be sure to subscribe to One Stoked MOM email list.
If you have any questions leave a note in the comment section below…
All material contained on these pages are free of copyright restrictions and may be copied, reproduced, or duplicated without permission of One Stoked MOM. Citation of the source is appreciated.
You may also like: