One of the firsts steps into planning a simple baby shower is the theme. Whether you’re the mom-to-be or the planner of the shower, there is a lot to think about.
When choosing a theme you must have in mind a couple of things…
1. Baby’s Gender: if the gender is a surprise then stick to neutral colors.
2. Budget: themes can get really expensive really fast. Set a budget and try ‘DIYing’ to save some money.
3. Food & Games: these will need to match the theme if you want to keep a theme throughout.
4. Color Scheme: choose 3 to 4 colors to set up a unified theme.
When I did my Baby Shower, I tried to stick to the most inexpensive way to do it. I chose the easiest way to make it pretty and simplistic.
I chose soft pastel pink, white, beige and a pop of gold here and there.
I picked four colors and one of them was used at my wedding which I still had some of the decorations that were used.
If you can reuse and repurpose some decor you have used in the past then do so, it will save money!
So here are some of the most simple themes and my ideas about color schemes and games that can match the theme.
Baby Shower Themes
Baby Shower Themes For Girls
Flowers ( Wild / Garden )
Color Scheme: Green, Yellow, Red, Pink, and Orange. Blue and White…
Tiara, Castle, Ball Gown
Color Scheme: It depends on what princess is chosen.
Game: Princess Trivia ( History, Movies, Characters)
Color Scheme: Pink, Light Blues, Purples, and Yellows
Game: Dance Skills (best ballet moves), Balance Test (who can balance on one foot the longest)
Fairies + Lights
Color Scheme: Pink, Light Blues, and Yellows + Glitter
Baby Shower Themes For Boys
Worms, Fishing Rod, Fish, Fishing Boat
Color Scheme: Blue, Green, Yellow + Brown
Soccer, Baseball, Football, Ice Hockey, Golf
Color Scheme: Matching Sports Chosen + White
Games: Sports Trivia (Players-Wins-Team)
Cars & Trucks
Color Scheme: Matching Cars + White
Gender Neutral Baby Shower Themes
Color Scheme: As preferred.
Sun, Clouds, Sky, Wind
Color Scheme: White, Gray, Orange, and Gold
Boats, Whale, Fish
Color Scheme: White, Gray, Silver and Light Blue
Games: Heads Up App: Act It Out/Describe ( sea animal )
Smiley, Heart Eyes, Fruits, Poop
Color Scheme: White Everything – so the colors of the emoji’s pop!
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Etc…
Color Scheme: Your Choice
Games: Disney Trivia, Park Names, Voice Imitation Competition
Baby Shower Tips
- Pick the theme first! It will help put the Baby Shower together seamlessly.
- Prep everything the night before the party.
- Check the weather if it will be an outdoor Baby Shower. Make sure to have a backup plan in case it rains.
- If unsure about what foods to make then make it a ‘potluck’. Have everyone bring something.
- Do you have a name yet? If you don’t, then have a table where your guest can write down a name suggestion.
That’s all I have in my Baby Shower Tips Arsenal.
Thank you so much for reading! If you want to know more about what goes into planning a Baby Shower check out my post about the Basic DIY Guide To A Baby Shower.
All material contained on these pages are free of copyright restrictions and may be copied, reproduced, or duplicated without permission of One Stoked MOM. Citation of the source is appreciated.